The Toyota Tacoma is one of the more popular pick-ups in the Toyota range. This isn’t really surprising. It is an incredibly reliable vehicle. There isn’t much that can go wrong with it. In fact, for many people, the only issue they are going to ever encounter is the need to replace their battery. Luckily, getting hold of a Toyota Tacoma battery isn’t all that difficult.
If you want a brand-new battery for your Toyota Tacoma, it won’t be long before you realize that there are a lot of choices. If you don’t know your batteries, then you may not know which one to pick. Luckily for you, I have done my research. I have gone through countless batteries for the Toyota Tacoma, and I think I have found the 3 best options
The Best Batteries for Toyota Tacoma Comparison Table
I know that some of you may be a little bit busy. So, here is a quick overview of the various batteries that I am going to be talking about. I am positive that you are going to be happy with any of these. So, check them out. If you read on, I am going to give a full review for each of the batteries too.
|Delphi BU9034R MaxStart|
|Optima Batteries 8037-127 D27F|
|Optima Batteries 8020-164 35 RedTop Starting Battery|
- Extended cold cranking amps delivery means more power for today's demanding electronics
- Group 24f / 43r (reverse terminal) battery with 775 cca (cold cranking amps) and 120 r.c. (reverse c
- 20x the vibration resistance of conventional batteries
- Superior vibration resistance, optimized component compression ,and fortified posts, straps and weld
- Superior corrosion resistance sealed housing with manifold venting system
The Delphi BU903R battery is a fantastic battery for anybody that is driving a Toyota Tacoma. However, there are a few situations where I feel that it may come in a lot more useful than your average battery.
For starters, this battery offers 20x the vibration resistance as a standard battery. So, if you are the type of person that really loves to put their Toyota Tacoma through its paces i.e. take it off the road a lot, then I reckon that this battery is going to be perfect for you. You don’t have to worry about your battery being shaken to death.
With the extended cold-cranking amps, this battery tends to thrive a little bit better in colder temperatures too. So, if you drive a lot off-road, and you can expect a lot of snow, then the Delphi BU9034R is pretty much going to cover all of your needs.
This battery has an awesome lifespan too. Now, for obvious reasons, I am not going to be able to tell you how long the battery lasts. This is going to completely vary in every situation. However, I reckon that you are going to be more than happy with the lifespan of the Delphi BU9034R. You certainly are not going to need to be replacing it any time soon.
- Great for cold temperatures
- Great for those that drive off-road
- Long lifespan
- Cost is a little higher than other batteries
- Deep-cycle and cranking power; up to two times longer life
- More than 15 times the vibration resistance
- Completely spill proof, mountable in virtually any position
- Maintenance free and faster recharging
- Optimal starting power; 300+ discharge/recharge cycles
I have always been a fan of Optima batteries. They just look so fancy. Much more stylish than a rather bland square box. Although, I do recommend that you don’t choose your batteries based upon looks alone. Luckily, the Optima Batteries 8037-127 isn’t really lacking on the feature front.
This is a rugged battery. It can put up with quite a knocking about without any issues. In fact, this is one of the rare batteries on the market that can be mounted in any position that you want. Of course, this isn’t really going to impact you too much if you own a Toyota Tacoma. You can only get the battery into your vehicle in one way. However, it does go to show just how wonderful this battery has been designed.
It is vibration-resistant, and the spill-proof nature of the battery means that you can do a ton of pretty intense off-roading and you shouldn’t really have any issues. In fact, this is a battery that seems to thrive in just about every single environment that you throw it into. Hot, cold, rainy. you name it. This battery is going to ensure that you get through wherever you are driving completely unscathed. Well, at least on the battery front.
My favorite feature is just how quickly it is able to inject power into your vehicle. Starting your vehicle up will be dead simple. You can really feel the power boost.
- Suitable for use in several environments
- Capable of dealing with most extreme temperatures
- A little bit heavier than other batteries
- 12-volt, 720 cold cranking amps, size: 9.38 x 7.69 x 6.75-inches weight: 31.7 pounds, sae posts
- Reserve capacity of 90 minutes for constant performance
- Optimal starting power even in bad weather. case material is polypropylene
- Fifteen times more resistant to vibration for durability
- This item is not for sale in catalina island
- Fit type: vehicle specific
If you want a quality Optima battery but you aren’t necessarily a fan of the hefty battery I spoke about before, then the Optima Batteries 8020-164 may be worth checking out. The design isn’t quite so rugged, so you won’t be able to mount it in any position or spend your days traversing rocky mountains or whatever intense off-roading you plan to do with your Toyota Tacoma. However, if you plan on driving on the road, or maybe a bit of light off-roading, then this battery is going to be more than capable of that.
It is capable of starting easily in cold temperatures thanks to its 720 CCA. Although, don’t just think that it is only for the colder weather. Oh no. This battery performs well in all temperature extremes.
The vibration resistance ensures that your battery is capable of getting through fairly rugged areas without any damage.
My highlight is the reserve battery capacity of 90-minutes. This ensures that if your vehicle does break down, you are going to have a small amount of power to get you through while you are waiting for help to arrive.
- High-quality battery
- Fast charging
- Suitable for most conditions
- Not the best battery for intense off-roading.
That wraps up my list of the three best batteries for the Toyota Tacoma. All of these are high-quality batteries. Take your pick and I am positive that you are going to end up with something that will give you years and years of happy use.