One of the most important parts of your golf cart is its battery. Despite its usually small size, your golf cart’s battery significantly affects its performance and maintenance — since the golf cart usually requires reliable power over an extended period of time.
So, it’s important that your cart’s battery when necessary. In this post, we’d be looking at some of the best 12V batteries for golf carts. If you’re looking for recommendations on 6V batteries for golf carts, check this review, instead.
Best 12V Golf Cart Batteries: Our Top 5 Picks
No matter how long your golf cart batteries last, they will finally need replacing at some point. If you’re at that point already, we’ve got you covered. We understand that choosing the right 12V golf cart batteries isn’t so easy, considering the tons of options available on the market.
To help you out, we decided to scour the market and compare several 12V sealed lead-acid batteries made for golf carts — in a bid to decide the best options for you. And here are our top 5 picks.
1. Interstate Batteries DCM0035
- DEEP CYCLE MOBILITY BATTERY: Interstate Batteries DCM0035 professional-grade, high-quality battery developed specifically for wheelchairs & scooters. Longer life & more cycles for deep discharge usage – Interstate’s DCM batteries rated as the best performer for heavy-demand electric wheelchairs & electric scooters, making them Outrageously Dependable
- DCM0035 BATTERY REPLACEMENTS: Compatibility Fit Guide located under Product Guides & Documents. ABEC WHEELCHAIRS, BEST TECHNOLOGIES, BURKE SCOOTER, DAMACO WHEELCHAIR, ELECTRIC MOBILITY SCOOTERS, EVEREST & JENNINGS, EXIDE BATTERIES, EXPERT POWER, GOLDEN TECHNOLOGY, HOMELITE, HOVEROUND, INVACARE, JAZZY, KUBOTA, LEISURE LIFT, MERITS HEALTH, MIGHTY MAX (ML35), ODYSSEY, OPTIMA, ORTHO KINETICS, PACE SAVER, PRIDE MOBILITY SCOOTERS, RANGER ALL SEASON, SONNENSCHEIN, UNIVERSAL POWER GROUP, WEIZE & more
- RECHARGEABLE, MAINTENANCE-FREE, SPILL-PROOF: Rechargeable, maintenance-free, & spill-proof because of the AGM & VRLA technology (valve regulated) that eliminates spills & overpressure. 12 Volt, 35 Amp hours. 7.68” x 5.16” x 6.42” (LxWxH). Industry size Group U1 or GT9L. Insert terminal with bolt, replaces FLAG TY. This battery is not a replacement for Golf Cart batteries
- HIGH-QUALITY, HIGH-PERFORMANCE BATTERY: No other brand puts their products through more rigorous testing than Interstate Batteries 7-Point Quality Protocol. We don’t meet industry standards – we exceed them & back our products with an unmatched warranty. 12-Month Performance Warranty (DCM0035) – please contact Interstate Batteries on Amazon for questions (1. Click Interstate Batteries under Buy Now button, 2. Click Ask a Question)
- MOST TRUSTWORTHY POWER SOURCE: Since 1952, Interstate Batteries purpose has been to deliver the most Outrageously Dependable source of power to the world. Our customers come first, so we strive to create a positive experience for all. We recycle more batteries than we sell; please return to an Interstate All Battery Center near you so we can continue recycling
Featuring Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) and Absorbed Glass Matt (AGM) technology, the DCM0035 makes for one of the best choices when going for golf cart batteries. Its AGM and valve regulated technology eliminate spill, overpressure, and ensure that the battery delivers high performance at all times.
These features make maintenance very easy because you would be less worried about battery damage in storage, especially if you won’t be using the battery very frequently. In fact, Interstate Batteries claims this battery is maintenance-free and spill-proof; considering it is a sealed lead-acid battery, you can count on the claim.
The DCM0035 battery is quite affordable. It comes with a power capacity of 12 volts 35 amp hours (35Ah). The battery measures 7.68 L x 5.16 W x 6.42 H inches and weighs 22.90 lbs. Its light weight is a significant advantage especially if you are planning on buying more than one for your golf cart.
The battery is also compact, user-friendly, and compatible with other machinery. If you’re not going to use it in your golf cart very often, you could use it in various other applications like wheelchairs, electric scooters, marine/trolling motors, elevators, RVs, medical equipment, and solar/wind energy storage.
The DCM0035 battery works best in applications where it will be continuously discharged and recharged. When used in such applications, you will enjoy a long life for deep discharge usage.
- Relatively lightweight
- Compact and easy to handle
- Rugged and spill-proof
- The battery is maintenance-free
- Shock and vibration resistant
- Not as affordable as other models within its category
2. Mighty Max ML35-12 Battery
- ML35-12 SLA is a 12V 35AH Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) rechargeable maintenance free battery.
- Dimensions: 7.76 inches x 5.12 inches x 7.01 inches. Listing is for the Battery and Screws only. No wire harness or mounting accessories included.
- SLA / AGM spill proof battery has a characteristic of high discharge rate, wide operating temperatures, long service life and deep discharge recover.
- Rechargeable battery that can be mounted in any position, resists shocks and vibration. Long lasting high performance in high and low temperatures.
- Backed by a 30 day refund policy and full 1 year warranty.
Mighty Max is one of the industry giants known for top-quality batteries that offer high performance and can be used in many other applications apart from golf cart batteries. One of the company’s high-quality models is the ML35-12.
The ML35-12 is a Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) rechargeable battery and 100% maintenance-free. It is fitted with glass plates that keep the electrolyte solution contained. The entire battery is also completely sealed. This ensures that the battery is 100% safe, non-spillable, and maintenance-free. This also allows you to install the battery in several positions – right side up, on its side, or on its back (but never upside down).
The battery also features AGM technology which allows it to function properly in a wide range of temperatures, including low and high temperatures. It comes with a high discharge rate and a low self-discharge rate. This means the battery is less likely to get damaged while in storage. Also, you won’t have to worry about recharging it right after use or charging it while it storage. All these impressive features make for deep discharge recovery and long service life.
In addition to all these, the battery features a rugged, sturdy build. This not only ensures that the battery lasts for years without wear or tear, but it also means that it would resist shocks and vibrations. The ML35-12 measures 7.68 x 5.16 inches x 7.13 inches and can be used in various applications besides golf carts. It comes with a capacity rating of 12 volts and 35Ah. This makes it compatible with other machinery including tractors, mowers, power chairs, and utility vehicles.
- High discharge rate
- Non-spill design
- Wide operating temperatures
- Long service life
- Deep discharge recovery
- The battery can be mounted in any position
- Shock-resistant and vibration-resistant
- 1-year warranty
3. WEIZE UB12550 12V 55Ah Deep Cycle Battery
- TL1255/FP12550 is a Sealed Lead Acid Rechargeable Battery; Dimension: 9.02*5.43*9.06 inch. Parcel: 1x Battery (screws included, not included wire harness or mounting). TL1255 or FP12550 You Will Receive, Send Randomly,They Are the Same Quality,But Different production Batches.
- Used For Solar Panel Wind Energy Storage, Wheelchair, Mobile Scooter, Trolling Motor, Industrial and Medical Equipment, Electric Vehicles, Golf Carts, Hunting, Lawn and Garden Tools, Portable Tools, Toys and Hobby, Emergency Lighting, Leisure, RV House, Camping, Home Alarm Security and more.
- General Purpose for John Deere Lawn Tractor-Riding Mower 108, Bruno PWC 23002310 U1 Wheelchair, Pride Mobility Jazzy Select 6, MINNKOTA Trolling, ect.
- Power for Trolling Motor, Electric WheelChairs, Pride BATLIQ1018, Pride Mobility Jazzy 600/XL 614/HD, PowerCell PC12500 MK ES40 Powersonic Palmer Pride 600 Jazzy 1105 1107 1115 Jazzy 1100 1104 1120 2000 1170 1400 and more.
- Valve Regulated, Apill-Proof AGM Battery; With a 30 day refund policy.
Featuring a calcium-alloy grid and SLA technology, the WEIZE UB12550 is a heavy-duty, sturdy, and durable battery with a high-performance rating. Even with its outstanding features, the battery only weighs 34.2lbs which allows it to be utilized in a wide variety of applications including electric vehicles, lawn mowers, garden tools, portable tools, solar panels, toys, and more.
The WEIZE UB12550 battery comes with AGM technology and a valve regulated design. These features allow it to deliver high performance without requiring constant maintenance. Its sealed lead acid feature means it won’t leak or spill regardless of the position you place it.
The WEIZE UB12550 comes with many features that you can find in most 12-volt golf cart batteries with AGM and SLA technology. However, it does come with a higher price tag than most. This might be due to the fact that it comes with a higher capacity of 55Ah but still, that doesn’t justify the doubled price. It also measures a little longer and wider than most batteries in its category. Once again, this might be due to the higher capacity it offers. It measures 8.98 x 5.43 x 9.06 inches.
The WEIZE UB12550 is a deep cycle battery, which means you can charge it to the maximum and use every last bit of charge it has without damaging the battery or significantly reducing its life span. Its SLA design also ensures that it is resistant to shocks and vibration even at the roughest terrains.
- AGM and SLA technology
- Deep cycle battery
- Resistant to shocks and vibration
- Heavy-duty and sturdy build
- Can be utilized in a wide variety of applications
- Does not require constant maintenance
- Quite Expensive
- Might not fit in some applications
4. ExpertPower EXP12330 12V 33Ah Rechargeable Deep Cycle Battery
The ExpertPower EXP12330 is a popular golf cart battery that you can never go wrong with. It comes with a lot of promising features, including a rugged construction and durable exterior made of high-quality materials. The battery case is made of non-conductive ABS plastic material which makes it highly resistant to vibration, shock, heat, and chemicals.
It has a capacity of 12 volts/33Ah which should last for about 10 hours in your golf cart, a length of time that is way above average. It also has a wide operating range of -20 °C to +60 °C (-4 °F to +140 °F). This wide operating temperature enhances the durability of the battery. Whether in summer or winter, you can always get a good performance off this battery.
The ExpertPower EXP12330 is a Sealed Lead Acid battery which can be mounted in any position. This also makes it very easy to handle and compatible with a wide variety of applications.
The battery is lightweight, weighing only 23 pounds. It is also compact and measures 7.72 x 5.16 x 6.34 inches. One of the best perks of this battery is that it is very affordable. Considering its high-quality build, wide operating temperature range, and compatibility with many machines, its price tag is pretty sensible.
The ExpertPower EXP12330 works best when it is in constant use. If you’re not going to be using it frequently in your golf cart, you could use it in your electric scooter, wheelchair, motorcycles, or snowmobiles.
- Wide operating temperature range
- Resistant to shocks, chemicals, heat, and vibrations
- A high-impact resistant battery case
- Made of non-conductive ABS plastic material
- Does not provide enough power in some applications
5. NPP NP12-35Ah Rechargeable AGM Deep Cycle Battery
- BUILT TO LAST: Lifespan up to 1200 cycles. NPD12-35Ah 12 volt 35 amp battery keeps your critical devices powered in the harshest conditions. No maintenance needed, non-spillable and greater mounting flexibility.
- 100 DAY RISK FREE: Earning our customers trust is our #1 priority. 100 day hassle free no questions asked money back guaranteed along with our 12 month warranty against any defects.
- QUALIFICATIONS: UL, CE, IEC, ISO14001, ISO19001, OHSAS18000, TLC certified.
- WHY CHOOSE NPP: NPP is a top 5 global AGM battery manufacturer with a total of 6 mega-factories around the world. We build high quality batteries that can last and withstand demanding conditions.
- NEXT LEVEL CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Within 30 minutes or less. The NPP team is here for any of your questions and concerns, giving you the support that you need within minutes.
The NPP NP12-35Ah is a high-quality deep cycle battery that is very easy to install with a wide temperature range perfect for most outdoor conditions.
Like all top-quality batteries, this is a Sealed Lead Acid AGM battery. The Sealed Lead Acid part means it is spill-proof and the AGM part means it is maintenance-free. These are two top features that make up the best batteries in the market. The spill-proof feature allows you to mount the battery in any position that you think is best.
The NPP NP12-35Ah has a rugged, tough build made from non-conductive ABS plastic. Its sturdy design makes it resistant to shocks and vibrations, which means it could take a lot of abuse that could happen when driving on the golf course. It also makes it resistant to heat, weather, and chemicals. These are other conditions that can easily damage your battery.
Impressively, the NPP NP12-35Ah comes with a 1-year warranty and you can order for a replacement or get service on any faulty parts as long as it is within the warranty period.
As with most high-quality batteries, the NPP NP12-35Ah can be used in a wide variety of applications. According to NPP, this battery will not only deliver high performance in your golf cart, but also in your UPS, telecommunication system, telephone switching system, standby power supply, fire-fighting equipment, alarm systems, and many more.
- Made from non-conductive ABS plastic material
- Strong resistance to shocks and vibrations
- Easy to install
- Requires no maintenance
- 1-year warranty
- Warranty is only applicable when used in some machinery